Log In
San Luis Valley CROP Hunger Walk Sunday, April 7

Walk.   Give.   Change the world.

Walkers have reported $1,070 in online and offline gifts!
Find more details here.

Please join us for our annual CROP Walk event on Sunday, April 7th. Registration for the event will begin at 1:00 PM and the walk will start at 2:00 PM. The
 event includes a 3 mile walk and along the way 'hunger educators' will discuss hunger issues that exist not only in the SLV but also in our nation and world-wide. Before the walk begins we will have two guest speakers that will, again, touch on hunger-related topics, and then close out the event with a live band, games, face painting, prizes, and food and drinks! To participate, you can register by visiting https://www.crophungerwalk.org/alamosaco or show up by 1:00 PM during the event day to register.

This is a free event, but we encourage registering/ setting up a team prior to the event. This walk is also a fundraising opportunity with 75% of the proceeds going to CWS, which is an umbrella organization that disperses its funds to hunger relief efforts around the world, and then the other 25% will go back to our local food bank. Our main objective is to walk together as a community and stand in solidarity with those that are experiencing hunger at this very moment, so we are hoping for a large turnout and the fundraising piece is an added benefit. We are asking each participant to help fight hunger by donating food items or funds to hunger relief efforts. For additional information, please call La our Community Education office at (719)-587-3499 or email volcom@lapuente.net

We look forward to seeing you all there!

Together, we can help end hunger in our community and around the world!

Teams and Walkers

Select A Team:

CROP Hunger Walks are community-wide events sponsored by Church World Service and organized by religious groups, businesses, schools and others to raise funds to end hunger in the U.S. and around the world.
Location:
Alamosa Senior Center
92 Colorado Ave
Alamosa, CO 81101

Sign In Time:
1:00 PM

Walk Time:
2:00 PM

Walk Distance:
5K (3.1 Miles)

Contact:
Kate Kelley
Volcom@lapuente.net
719-587-3499