Log In
Arlington CROP Hunger Walk Saturday, October 28
  • Amber Blake/CWS
  • Courtesy of Austin CROP Hunger Walk
  • Megan Barnes
  • Lisa Hayes/CWS
  • Paul Jeffrey

Walk.   Give.   Change the world.

Walkers have reported $26,250 in online and offline gifts!
Find more details here.

This year we reach a major milestone: the 40th Anniversary of the CROP Hunger Walk in Arlington. Over the years, we have seen many successes. With the help of volunteers and Walkers like you, Arlington congregations and other local organizations have raised more than $1 million for local and global initiatives to fight hunger. We are amazed and grateful for the generosity of our Arlington neighbors.

Will You Help Make Our 40th Anniversary Walk a Success?
Last year your helped raise more than $32,000 to fight hunger. Thank you so very much!

75% of the funds raised helped feed people worldwide - from subsistence farmers to refugee families - though the hunger initiatives of Church World Service (CWS). The remaining 25% served needy families here at home through Arlington Food Assistance Center (AFAC).You were an important part of an answer to the prayers of men, women, and children suffering from hunger.

Now we hope you will assist us once again. This year we are planning new features to make our 40th Anniversary special. The routes are the same, but there will be some surprises along them for our Walkers. There will be fun prizes to encourage more kids to join the Walk. This year, we will also have an additional source of volunteers, NOVA Friends of Refugees, which is joining with us to raise awareness of the welcoming movement for supporting refugees.

Together, we can help end hunger in our community and around the world!

Teams and Walkers

Select a Team:

CROP Hunger Walks are community-wide events sponsored by Church World Service and organized by religious groups, businesses, schools and others to raise funds to end hunger in the U.S. and around the world.
Location:
First Presbyterian Church
601 N Vermont St.
Arlington, VA 22203
(click here for map & directions)

Registration: 8:00 a.m.
Walk: 9:00 a.m.

Distance: 5K & 10K

Contact:
Kenneth Speicher
speicherak@verizon.net