Walk. Give. Change the world.
Our community believes in ending hunger. And, in 2020, we will continue to fight against the new challenges of disease and disaster that leave people hungry. Join with us in raising funds to help neighbors near and far get the meals they need this year.
Walkers have reported $9,020 in online and offline gifts!
Find more details here.
We're sure you understand that we can't all Walk together in one location this year, but there are many ways to participate in this, our 25th annual CROP Hunger Walk. See our flyer for activities, details and ideas.
- Walk on your own, get friends to sponsor you
- Do a Micro walk with family or friends, in groups of 5 or less
- Be a Spirit Walker, support the Columbia CROP Hunger Walk through this webpage
- "Go Live" when walking to let your friends and team-mates know you're walking
- Challenge Walk, take a long walk (options up to 26 miles) to Katfish Katy’s to “push hard” in support of those who walk daily to survive – see the flyer.
WALK ON THE WEB!
- Create your own personal walker page
- Recruit a Team of walkers and register on this CWS webpage - maybe your team will win the Top Fundraiser trophy! Winner will be announced after Nov 1
- Set up a Facebook Fundraiser through the CWS facebook page
CHALLENGE: Since 2015, we have presented the traveling trophy to the Top Fundraiser. Will it be your team this year? Submit your donations online or to our treasurer by November 1 to be in the running.
CHALLENGE: Go to any Shakespeare's Pizza location anytime on Sunday, Sept 20 and present the required coupon (paper, or on your device). 15% of your total check will be donated to our CROP Walk. Coupon is here and on Facebook
FOOD PARTNER SITE TOUR: On Walk Day, participate in the Driving tour of our 4 recipient food sites and our supporting Partner, CCUA and find other "treasures" along the way. See the Facebook page beginning at noon for route info.
OUR FOOD PARTNERS:
1) Loaves & Fishes Soup Kitchen serves nightly meals for low income and houseless persons at Wilkes Blvd United Methodist Church. Expenses have increased due to the need to make the meals carryout only on the parking lot: carry-out containers, additional disposable paper goods and ‘sack lunch’ meal items.
2) Russell Chapel Community Food Pantry has instituted a ‘drive-thru’ pantry operation to provide needed food to their mid-city clients as safely as possible.
3) Destiny Worship Center Food Pantry has gone beyond supplying emergency food for their immediate northeast Columbia neighborhood, now also focusing on the needs of children at Coyote Hill Children’s Home.
4) Fifth Street Christian Church provides emergency food supplies for families in need and a monthly community meal at the church with home delivery to those who cannot get to the church.
Show the world that Columbia is "better together in our 25th year". Join us! Register your Team! Use the resources for creative fundraising! Have fun! Step out once again.
For information about online giving or donating cash and checks, please contact our Treasurer Linda Reed Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-256-0091.
Together, we can help end hunger in our community and around the world.
Teams and Walkers
Select A Team:
Challenge Walk: 7 am
Donations: Drive-thru drop-off 12-3
Driving Food Site Tour & Treasure Hunt: after 12
Shakespeare's Pizza Fundraiser: all day
Drive-thru Donations Drop-off: Broadway Christian Church Parking Lot
2601 West Broadway
Columbia, MO 65203
12:00 - 3:00 p.m.
Press and media contacts: