Walk. Give. Change the world.
Our community believes in ending hunger. And, in 2020, we will continue to fight against the new challenges of disease and disaster that leave people hungry. Join with us in raising funds to help neighbors near and far get the meals they need this year.
Walkers have reported $50 in online and offline gifts!
Find more details here.
We are sensitive to personal interaction and social distancing during this time of crisis and thus after conversation with the mother agency of CROP Hunger Walks, Church World Service, have determined it is in the best interest of all those 100s of people involved annually with our walk to alter the way our walk will happen in 2020.
The Walk date is Sunday, October 4, 2020- however you are encouraged to set up your online donation page now.
A few things to point out:
1. The 2020 Walk will for all intents a purposes be a Virtual Walk.
2. The 2020 Walk may be performed in many formats so please think about how it will work for your congregation or organization the best.
3. The 2020 Walk will benefit local organizations as well- Second Helpings based in Indianapolis and Good Samaritan Network based in Hamilton County. Both of these non for profits spend the entire calendar year helping those in need with food insecurity issues. Also, funds will provide for our brothers and sisters in other areas of the United States and Worldwide.
4. The 2020 Walk will not have T-shirts but instead provide a medallion for each person who walks whether in actuality or virtually. Those will be distributed to Team Captains to provide to their walkers.
5. The 2020 Walk has many resources for your use as you discern and promote your walk through your congregation or organization: https://resources.crophungerwalk.org/covid-19-and-crop-hunger-walks/
6. The 2020 Walk will ask that you encourage walkers and supporters to raise funds online at our safe webpage but of course we will accept checks as well. (Please encourage people to make donations online... they can begin NOW.)
7. Brooks can arrange a Zoom meeting for Team Captains if that is helpful to answer questions. Let him know!
8. Note that we are altering the name of the Walk to indicate a larger geography of walkers. The new name will be the Central Indiana CROP Hunger Walk. This will allow walkers form doughnut counties and beyond to be a part of our walk this year and into the future.
9. Finally... for now. We are praying for you and your congregations and organizations, as well as the entire nation and world during these most unusual times.
The need for hunger assistance has already increased in our locality and worldwide. PLEASE help by beginning this process for the 2020 Central Indiana CROP Hunger Walk. Let’s raise a lot of awareness and funding sources for those of our brothers and sisters in need.
Together, we can help end hunger in our community and around the world.
Teams and Walkers