Log In
Hunger Walkathon West (Oak Park Area) CROP Walk Sunday, May 3
JH
Edit in profile section

Let's fight against hunger together

Judith Hamje

When I watched the news tonight and saw the lines of people in the US trying to sign up for unemployment and waiting at food pantries for food I cried. I know this pandemic is affecting people around the globe.


The CROP Hunger Walk is a cause that is very important to me. I am walking and raising funds because I believe we should feed hungry people here at home and around the world.

In my 29 years living and working internationally I saw hunger first hand. When I returned to live in the US in 2011 I again saw hunger and was very disturbed that in a country as rich as ours there were still 1 in 5 children who are hungry. Helping to alleviate hunger here and internationally is my passion and where I put my energy and financial resources.

CROP Hunger Walks are community-wide events that bring people together in this common mission to raise funds to provide permanent solutions to hunger. 25 % of the money raised here will stay in our communities and the other 75% will go to Church World Service to assist around the world.

In this time of a global pandemic even more people who normally do not need assistance from our food pantries are turning to them. Our walk this year will be virtual, but the need for the funds is even higher.Those of us who are blessed with jobs or income have the opportunity to share our gratitude and blessings with others.

Please join me on this journey. The steps we take - and the funds we raise - will make a real impact!

- Judith

  •  

Comments

$2,225
raised of $1,100 goal
 

Recent Donations

$500.00
1. JHJudith M Hamje
$25.00
2. ADAmy M Daigler
This is wonderful; thank you!
3. ?Anonymous
Happy to give to this worthy group that is so important right now.
$100.00
4. AFAna Garcia Doyle + Jim Doyle And Family
TY, Judith, for your tireless efforts over many years on behalf of our food insecure neighbors. We are proud to support you!
$25.00
5. FFFlorence Forshey
$50.00
6. BCBRUCE CARLSON
Member of

Team Euclid Ave. UMC

$6,845
$5,000