Walk. Give. Change the world.
Our community believes in ending hunger. And, in 2020, we will continue to fight against the new challenges of disease and disaster that leave people hungry. Join with us in raising funds to help neighbors near and far get the meals they need this year.
Walkers have reported $4,665 in online and offline gifts!
Find more details here.
What does that mean??
You and your team should NOT gather at St. Andrews on Sunday Oct 11. It’s just too risky.
So what we DO want you to do? First - Be sure to set up your Walk page online (if you haven’t already) so that you don’t have to handle cash and checks and to make it easy for people to join your virtual team/donate to you. www.crophungerwalk.org/perkasiepa
Along with your team, come up with an alternative way to participate. Continue to recruit walkers and get sponsors, as always, just for an alternative activity.
Like what?? Here are a couple ideas team captains have suggested:
• Plan a hike on a local trail where social distancing is possible – share about it on social media and in emails.
• Contact one of our local recipient agencies to see how you can help with their changing volunteer needs.
• Get sponsors to NOT walk.
• Ask individual walkers to come up with their own activity, and PLEASE share your/their ideas with us to perhaps inspire other walkers.
• Have your team (or individual walkers) video themselves talking about why they participate in the CROP Walk and why it is important to them. Post it using #EndHungerNow and #VirtualPennridgeCROPWalk. (The National CWS office may share it! Make sure to tag your friends and potential donors and include your personal/team fundraising page link.
This is new to all of us, and we welcome ideas and suggestions about how to virtually bring everyone together while we help as many hungry people here in Pennridge and around the world as we possibly can. We are being called, more than ever, to step up and make a REAL difference!! Our local agencies and CWS will need our support even more after this crisis is over.
Holding each other in the light! Stay healthy and inspired. It is more important now than it has ever been.
Yours in Service,
Teams and Walkers