Log In
Wake Forest CROP Hunger Walk Sunday, September 22

Walk.   Give.   Change the world.

Walkers have reported $200 in online and offline gifts!
Find more details here.

Join us for the 40th annual Wake Forest CROP Hunger Walk on Sunday, September 22, 2019. Registration and festivities begin at 1:30pm on the lawn of the Wake Forest Historical Museum. We will enjoy games, music and fellowship before the 2:30pm step off This family friendly event links Wake Forest and surrounding communities together in solidarity with our neighbors all around the world who must walk long distances daily for access to food and clean water. Funds raised from the walk will provide food and other resources for families in the Wake Forest area and around the world.

On Saturday, August 10th at 10:00am we will host a pre-walk Team Captains Rally at St. John’s Episcopal Church, 830 Durham Road, Wake Forest, NC. You and/or a representative can pick up free walk materials to promote the walk, learn about how walk funds benefit families in need and connect with members of CROP walk teams to share ideas. Refreshments will be served.

This year, Church World Service celebrates the 50th anniversary of CROP Hunger Walks. We hope you will help us celebrate this milestone year. CWS distributes 75% of the money from the CROP Hunger Walk to global hunger education, disaster relief and self-help projects in more than 30 countries around the world. The remaining 25% of funds will be distributed in Wake Forest equally to Hope House and Tri-Area Ministry. We invite walkers to bring canned food to the walk for Tri-Area Ministry.

SAVE THE DATE: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 5:00pm until 8:00pm join us for Share Night at Culver’s, 2819 Rogers Road, Wake Forest. What a delicious way to support our Walk. We will receive 10% of total purchases, both eat in and drive through. Leadership Team members will be there to greet and serve you. Please help us spread the word. We hope to see you there.

Together, we can help end hunger in our community and around the world!

Teams and Walkers

Select A Team:

CROP Hunger Walks are community-wide events sponsored by Church World Service and organized by religious groups, businesses, schools and others to raise funds to end hunger in the U.S. and around the world.
Location:
Wake Forest Historical Museum
414 North Main Street
Wake Forest, NC 27587

Sign in Time:
1:30 p.m.

Walk Time:
2:30 p.m.

Walk Distance:
5K and a 1.5mile option

Contact:
Maggie Andersen, Event Coordinator mhandersen@yahoo.com
(919) 605-7463

Thank you!