Walk. Give. Change the world.
Walkers have reported
in online and offline gifts!
Find more details here.
Rev. Roger and Sylvia Burtner have agreed to match our efforts dollar for dollar up to 50 thousand dollars!
We can do it!
York County 50th CROP Hunger Walk Celebration!
Four Starting Locations - Walk to the Celebration in Continental Square
WEST: St. Matthew Lutheran Church – 839 West Market Street
NORTH: St. Peter’s Lutheran Church – 947 North George Street
EAST: Fourth United Methodist Church – 1067 East Market Street
SOUTH: St. Paul Lutheran Church – 25 West Springettsbury Avenue
You know what hunger looks like! You’ve seen it in on local news stations and in the faces of kids around the world. It is long-lasting, and it is everywhere. But, with your help, so is our response to it.
For 50 years, the people of York County have come together to fight hunger in exceptional ways through the CROP Hunger Walk. These aren’t politicians or celebrities – they’re passionate (and compassionate!) farmers, students, members of the faith community,
volunteers and more who care that the people they see on a daily basis are struggling. And for five decades, they have walked to make a difference.
Help us reach our goals of 1200 Walkers and $50,000 Dollars!
• Sign-up Here Online and Form a Walking Team
• Start asking Sponsors to sponsor you per/mile.
• Consider participating in the pre-celebration 50-mile Walk starting at John Rudy Park! https://www.teamcws.org/myfundraiser
• Spread the word and follow us on Facebook: @yorkCROPWalk
• Visit our local page: 50thcropwalk.com and the National Page: www.crophungerwalk.org/50
• Material, Posters and Sponsor Envelopes will be available at St. Matthew Lutheran Church
• CROP Hunger Walks are community-wide events sponsored by Church World Service and organized by religious groups, businesses, schools and others to raise funds to end hunger in York County, the U.S. and around the world.
• For more information email: email@example.com
• For questions about the starting locations contact:
Milton Leake at: firstname.lastname@example.org / 717-659-3197
We are grateful to our Honorary Chairpersons: The Reverends Phyllis and Richard Bowers who both participated in our very first CROP Walk for the Hungry in 1970!
Thank you to our Early Sponsors:
Etzweiler Funeral Home - Eastside Starting Line Sponsor
Heffner Funeral Chapel & Crematory - Westside Starting Line Sponsor
PNC Bank - Silver Sponsor
Rosie & R Lee Kunkel - Gold Sponsor
Thanks to all of our sponsors who support our hunger ending walk: https://50thcropwalk.com/sponsors/
Together, we can help end hunger in our community and around the world!
Teams and Walkers